Helping to Build a Better Future in Tobati, Paraguay
Team Tobatí is an all volunteer 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of disadvantaged youth in Tobatí, Paraguay while at the same time offering high school students from the United States the powerful experience of working directly for a greater good in the developing world. With the active support of Tobatí community leaders and organizations, the Team constructs classrooms and schools, funds important social programs, and supports medical services and initiatives. Each March, 100+ high school volunteers from Kingswood Oxford school spend two weeks in Tobatí working extensively on dozens of projects, which strengthen the medical and education infrastructure offered to the region's poor.
Team Tobatí's aid to the region is not limited to the service trips. Throughout the entire year the Team finances significant development projects that make improvements in all areas of community life. The team's mission is exemplified by the Macchi School. This institution, 100% funded by the Team, provides the best education in the state of Cordillera, Paraguay and does so exclusively for the poorest students in the region. Team Tobatí teaches both American and Paraguayan youth that when working together todo es posible.
- An introduction to Team Tobati—Brief Video highlighting the work and mission of Team Tobati.
- The Macchi School—Video highlighting the work of the Macchi School in Tobati, Paraguay
- Team's Facebook Page—Click to be redirected to Team Tobati's facebook fan page
- Article on Team Tobati in 2009 in the South Bend Tribune - http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2009-04-21/news/26742205_1_students-west-hartford-team-tobati
- Todo es Posible—Firsthand account of the 2008 Service Trip written by Taylor Amato for Teenink.com
- Article on Team Tobati in 2010 on the Front Page of the Hartford Courant — http://articles.courant.com/2010-04-04/news/hc-26king0404.artapr04_1_k-o-students-ninth-grade-classroom-two-local-schools
- WTIC FOX Focus (FOX61) News—Segment on Team Tobati
- Team Tobati on Radio—Click on Windows or Real on upper left hand corner to hear OnPoint program on Giving.
- Points of Light Institute grants Team Tobati national award- http://www.pointsoflight.org/programs/recognition/dpol/awards/2225
Handcrafted, quality leather goods from Tobatí, Paraguay. Each sale helps Macchi students get into key English programs and achieve their dream of graduating from college. Learn more about Batí's mission at batigoods.com! *Use code: TEAMTOBATI to get free shipping and 20% off all items!